The perfect backpacking inflatable kayak.
The Innova Twist is one of the lightest and most portable inflatable kayaks on the market. At only 16 pounds, the Twist arrives in a small nylon bag no larger than a child's schoolbag -- easily backpackable.
The newly updated Innova Twist l and II are now constructed from Light Nitrilon, a polyester ripstop fabric that is single coated with rubber to increase air retension.
Light Nitrilon is a lighterweight version of the rugged Nitrilon material used in the traditional Innova Sunny, Helios and safari models.
A specialized manufacturing process vulcanizes the natural rubber compound on the interior of the fabric, resulting in a durable construction that tolerates high interior pressure, improving longevity as well as making the kayaks more rigid, water and abrasion resistant, without substantially increasing the kayak weight. The main chambers can be inflated to 3 PSI, translating into a stiff inflatable boat that handles responsively. Light Nitrilon is PVC-free, making it more environmentally friendly than standard inflatables using PVC bladders - there is no out-gassing. It also stores compactly when deflated and folded.
New features also include improved seating with a removable, inflatable seat and beefed up foot brace. The new seating arrangement makes it easier to reposition the paddling position, optimizing paddling performance and comfort.
High-quality military-style valves are used in the main chambers, while gear bungees allow you to stash accessories on-board.
It's a great choice for recreational paddling on calm to slow-moving waters, and perfect for backpacking, RVs and travel.
- PVC-free Light Nitrilon material construction - environmentally friendly
- Removable tracking fin
- Rigid I-beam floor construction
- 3 PSI high pressure main bladders
- Removable, inflatable back rest
- Bungee rigging on stern deck stows extra gear
- Inflatable foot rest
- Two carrying handles
- Approximate inflation time with standard pump is 5 min.
- Good for day touring, backpacking, vacation travel and fishing
- Made in the Czech Republic
- River rating: Class I
- Length: 8ft. 6in.
- Width: 31 in.
- Weight: 16.3 lbs.
- Air chambers: 3 Main (Military style) & 2 Twistlok
- Capacity: 220 lbs (1 person & gear)
- Folded dimensions: 17x11x7 in.
- Includes tracking fin, repair kit, instructions, valve adaptor, seat, brace, nylon case